Usability Testing: An Integral Part of Corporate Responsive Redesign

Eric Davis | User Experience

Redesigning Your Site to Be Responsive? You Need to Conduct Usability Testing. Often.

A vital component to our customer web site redesign at AEP is iterative usability testing. Our site is large – hundreds of pages, 7 sections, tons of content. Our analytics reveal that around 95% of our customer traffic is there to do one of 25 key tasks: view or pay their electric bill, report an outage or check outage status, or do some other account-related function. The other 5% of traffic is there to do anything else among our hundreds of pages. So, while our priority was to make the account-related functions prominent and easy to access, we couldn’t exactly kill all the other stuff.

As our information architecture and designing commenced, it became immediately imperative to continuously run usability studies on our wireframes and design comps – to make sure our design decisions were solid…

View original post 1,074 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s